CODE OF ETHICS
CODE OF ETHICS
- To perform high-quality repair at a fair price.
- To give the customer a price estimate for work to be performed.
- To use only proven high-quality merchandise.
- To employ the best skilled technicians obtainable.
- To furnish an itemized invoice. Replaced parts may be inspected upon request.
- To have a sense of personal obligation to each individual customer.
- To recommend corrective and maintenance services, explaining to the customer which of these are required to correct existing problems and which are for preventative maintenance.
- To furnish or post copies of any warranties covering parts or services.
- To obtain prior authorization for all work done, in writing, or by other means satisfactory to the customer.
- To follow state regulations.
- To notify the customer if appointments or completion promises cannot be kept.
- To exercise reasonable care for the customer's property while in our possession.
- To maintain a system for fair settlement of customer's concerns
Exceptional! My son was in Lansing, MI on June 22, 2015 for a concert at the Loft with friends. Having auto issues so far away from home, Traverse City, MI. I was very concerned and lost trying to help my son get his car cared for and running again. I had hopped onto the maps of Lansing, MI and verified where my son was with his broken down car, and noticed Ryan's Car and Auto Care on the map close to my son's location. So I called Ryan's Auto service station and explained the situation, Ryan was very helpful referring me to 2 other service stations who may be able to help me in this situation. This first place I called was able to refer me to their towing service and get my son's car in, and serviced within the day,and the charges $$$ were very acceptable, considering the distance from Traverse City, MI and Lansing, Michigan. THANK YOU SO MUCH Ryan for your awesome help with this issue.
Ryans took care of my 2004 dodge stratus SXT coupe named Emma Frost at a very reasonable price and I always got her back quickly. I just had my newer (2000 jeep grand Cherokee named Crimson Dynamo) checked out there too and again, quick and reasonably priced. These dudes do some good work and deserved the praise they receive.
I've been blown away by how great the service is at Ryan's. Everyone has always been super accommodating to how car-illiterate I am, and unlike so many other shops, never take advantage of this. The online car evaluation that they provide you is a huge perk as well